'Mom, I Promise'

While I was flipping channels on the TV. Ya, I do watch TV and yes, like most of the people I spend 90 percent of the time switching channels.

Okay, so where was I? Ya, while switching channels, I happened to see this one particular ad. The one wherein Hema Malini is promoting an air purifier. (You can check the ad here, in case)

And I was like, have we degraded our world to that extent that we need air purifiers to survive.

Long ago, during the time of Grrr (Those who don't know who Grrr is, check this - Story of Evolution) the water was consumed directly from ponds, rivers and other sources. Later, as the pollution increased (with human population) we went on to use cloth filters and progressed with it to our modern water purifiers.

In cities today, consuming water that's not from the filter has become equivalent to drinking poison. Soon, an air purifier will be included in the basic amenities of survival.

The huge scarcity of water, has made people to believe that the next world war will be fought for water. But I say, if air purifiers is our future then there will never be a World War 3, cause, there won't be enough people to fight a war in the first place.

Sounds good, doesn't it? But is it really how we wish to set a legacy of human race in this planet. Destroyed by our own doings.

Na. I thing its time for change. Time to make a promise. Promise to save our planet.

But the irony of it is, most of us make promises that are meant to be broken.

The only promise we tend to keep are the ones, we make to the person who got us into this world - our mom. Cause she means the world to us.

So, on this occasion of Mother's day lets promise our beloved mothers.

'Mom, I promise, to do whatever I can to Save Mother Earth'.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With The Coastal Ride

Kasarsai Dam and Beyond

Team Infy @ Alibaug and more...